This Volcano hiking trip is one of the most exciting Volcano experiences.
You will hike the Acatenango Volcano to experience one of the most active volcanoes in the World (Fuego Volcano). You will enjoy the panoramic view, volcanic explosions, and pyroclastic flow on this tour.
Acatenango One Day Tour
- Highlights: Acatenango & Fuego Volcanoes
- Activities: Volcano Hiking
- Difficulty: High
- Holiday Type: Group Tour
- You will visit: Acatenango & Fuego Volcanoes
- Trip Style: Couples – Small Groups – Families – Lonely Traveler
- Comfort level: Basic
- Transportation: Minibus
- Length: 1 Day
- Physical demand: Trip may include activities like hikes
- Group size: Minimum 1 – Maximum 20
- Departure / Return Location: At the hotel or lodging address provided in your tour confirmation (apply restrictions)
- Transfer from your hotel to La Soledad Village (Round trip)
- Entrance fee to Acatenango Volcano
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch
- Communitary Tour Guide (Spanish Speaking)
- Other services not mentioned
Book This Tour
From US$.85.00 P/P
Acateango Volcano itinerary
The Acatenango volcano tour starts at 5:00 am with a one-hour drive from Antigua to La Soledad Village, at the volcano’s slopes.
This is the third tallest Volcano in Guatemala, after Tacana and Tajumulco volcanoes. It would be best if you ate breakfast beforehand, and we highly recommend packing snacks for the road.
Upon arriving at La Soledad village, you will have breakfast before starting the volcano hike.
The hike takes about 4 hours up. In the first part, you will encounter nature, which leads us through the local farm fields where the local villagers grow their basic food groceries. This is a high-effort hike for those who like to mix adventure and nature and love to challenge their bodies.
You will be rewarded with an incredible view of the other highland volcanoes such as Atitlan, Toliman, San Pedro, Santa Maria, Santo Tomas, and Tajumulco volcanoes at the summit.
Also, with a bit of luck, Fuego Volcano will show you its force and stateliness, making explosions of gas, rock, and lava.
While you enjoy this display of mother nature, our guide will be preparing a delicious picnic lunch.
After a while, you will start descending the same way you went in; at La Soledad, the driver will be waiting for the transfer back to Antigua.