Las Guacamayas Jungle Tour
3 Days 2 Nights
Paradise for nature lovers, the station is located in the Laguna del Tigre National Park, surrounded by the San Pedro River and the Sacluc stream.
The reserve inhabits abundant wildlife such as spider monkeys and howler monkeys (saraguate), occasionally tapirs, crocodiles and a wide variety of birds, we can mention the scarlet macaw, toucans, blue herons, parakeets, and many more.
- Highlights: Las Guacamayas Station
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Pick up / Drop off locations: Flores island
- Activities: Archaeology – Scenic views – Birdwatching – Hikes – Nature
- Group size: Minimum 2
- You will visit: Paso Caballos Community, San Pedro River, Sacluc Stream, El Peru Archaeological Site, Las Guacamayas Station
- Holiday Type: Community Jungle Tour
- Trip Style: Couples – Small Groups – Fit’s
- Comfort level: Standard
- Transportation: 4×4
- Physical demand: The Trip may include activities like walks, boat rides, and hikes
- 4×4 Round trip transportation from Flores to Paso Caballos community
- Boat Rides
- 2nights of lodging in the lodge at Las Guacamayas
- All meals (2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners, purified water)
- Trip according to the program
- The local tour guide, support during the whole journey (Spanish speaking only)
- First aid kit
- Services not mentioned in the final itinerary
Book This Tour
US.$. 525.00 P/P
Las Guacamayas Jungle Tour: Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Flores to Las Guacamayas Station
8:00 am, Pick Up and transfer from Flores and hotels located in the central area towards the community of Paso Caballos (65 km.)
Arriving to Paso Caballo you take a 30 minutes boat ride through the San Pedro River toward Las Guacamayas Statio.
Check inn at the lodge
Lunch will be served at the lodge
15:00 You will start the site exploration ending with the sunset on top of the La Guacamayas look out
Night time aquatic excursion exploring stream Sacluc
Day 2: El Peru Waka
7:00 am. Breakfast will be ready before to take a boat ride towards the entrance of El Peru Archaeological Site. Here you will start a hike towards el Peru the trail provide a good opportunity for wildlife observation.
From February to may is possible to observe the Sacarlet macaws that nest in this area, and where the name of the station originates from. Scarlet Macaw is Guacamaya Roja in Spanish.
13:00 time to return to the station.
3:00 Time for wildlife observation on a boat tour of the San Pedro River and Sacluc stream.
Dinner, Good Night
Day 3: Las Guamayas to Flores
7:00 am. Time for breakfast and early birding tour around the sation, ending at approximately 11:00 hrs.
After Lunch you will be transfered back to Flores
PERSONAL RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT:
We suggest the following list of the equipment that in our opinion works best on our trips. However, it is not mandatory or exhaustive, so we encourage you to make all kinds of suggestions and queries, we remain at your entire disposal to listen to them.
Small Backpack with:
- Comfortable Long Pants (quick dry)
- Comfortable Shorts (quick dry)
- Long-sleeved Shirts (quick-dry)
- Lightweight Raincoat
- Fleece Jackets
- Cap or Hat
- Hiking boots (if you plan to bring a new shoes, we recommend that you wear them at least a week before the start of the trip, to get used to them)
- Flip Flops
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Portable Power bank (solar is better)
- Insect Repellent
- Prescription or daily use medications
- Personal Items
- Small Towel
- Utility Knife