Jungle Tours & Adventure Travel Guatemala
Welcome to the Heart of The Mayan World and jump into the Adventure...
Experience our bike tours through colonial towns and coffee farms, zip lining, aerial canopy tours, take a leisurely canoe ride in Atitlan Lake or through magnificent caves on a cave tubing adventure, climb an active volcano, spend the night in the wild and discover nocturnal creatures on night hikes; awaken to the sounds of the rainforest.
Guatemala possesses incredible ecosystems with abundant wildlife, volcanoes, rivers, lakes, caves and beaches that joined with our ethnic diversity constitute a mystic destination of magic and adventure.
Approximately 1.4 million hectares belong to Mayan Biosphere's reserve, biotopes, national Parks and private reserves and sustainable projects developed by the communities; provide to travelers many attractions with unique scenery.
The biological diversity of Guatemala placed it in the top countries with greatest diversity of natural resources in the world. Millions of species reside in their varied ecosystems, birds, mammals like the jaguar and tapir; and a great variety of fish, reptiles and insects reside in the tropical jungles and seas, mystic Mayan cities, rivers, lakes, and extensive natural reserves, the diversity of flora and fauna create a tropical paradise in the heart of Maya World.
Our programs of sustainable tourism are developing in base of our economic, social and environmental policies, supporting the communities within the reserves and ecological projects, becoming an alternative that contributes to stop the deterioration of our natural and cultural resources.
Martsam Travel accordance with its economic social and environmental policies has developed tours and circuits for groups and independent travelers which generate opportunities to involve tourists and local communities in an immersion inside local customs and its fascinating world.
What is Communitarian Tourism?
Communitarian tourism is tourist activity administered and managed by rural organized groups. Through tourism they and the communities manage their cultural and natural patrimony adequately, and generate an alternative income for their families' development and for a better care of resources. (Concept created by the Guatemalan organizations partners and cooperating institutions)
Communitarian Tourism offers visitors:
- Authentic experiences and an interchange with the communities and their living culture
- Direct contact with nature
- Excellent quality of adventure activities
- Opportunity to contribute to local development.
- Thanks to Communitarian Tourism the communities:
- Preserve and value their cultural and natural heritage.
- Have new options for local development with social equity, and generated employments and income.
- Reinforce their local empowerment.
- Strengthen the active participation of the community.
- Suffer less the effects of job related migration, and avoid the family's disintegration.
- Communitarian tourism is an alternative way for the community to generate income and cover part of its needs.